13 November 2011

Never Forget

"Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few" a quote by Winston Churchill in August 1940.

I don't know about you but this week has been a thought provoking one and one which has made me realise how much we owe to those brave soldiers for their actions all those years ago.
And, whilst its important not to forget what those soldiers gave for us, its just as important to remember what our brave girls and guys are still giving for us to this day.
This week has definately made me feel quite patriotic and proud to be British, in turn this has motivated me to design my next couple of plaques,
The blue in the flag is actually a bit darker than it looks in the picture above.
I decided to do a pink and blue outline to the heart and star but after seeing it I think I might change it to a black outline. I need to neaten these plaques up a little bit but overall i'm happy with the design.

Also I have now officially registered with HMRC and would like to officially give you a warm welcome to JAM DALORY, I will be making and selling handmade gifts, many of which will appear first on this blog to get opinions and feedback. I have lots of ideas and designs bubbling away in my head and I can't wait to pour them out to you. The website will be coming along soon and the above plaques will be added to it (once I've perfected them!) along with many other gifts, I do hope you'll visit it.
I'm really quite excited now, a new adventure is looming and I can't wait to start exploring it.

Someone else with exciting news is Wendy over at Handmade Monday, she's celebrating a beautiful new granddaughter, go and have a look then see what the other crafters have been up to, I'm off to get a hot chocolate, some biscuits and have a browse of them all.
Until next time
x

13 comments:

  1. Those plaques look super and so right for this time of the year. All the very best with your newly launched craft business

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the plaques and welcome to a new business, exciting isn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome Jam Dalory, good luck. Your plaques are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish you every success with your business. The plaques are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of luck with your new business!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wishing you luck. The plaques are very nice, looking forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Union Flag is a popular image and it looks good doing it in different colours.

    Good luck and best wishes in your new adventure.

    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the plaques! Good luck with your new venture :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lots of lick with your new business, looking forward to seeing your stuff on your blog. How exciting x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on taking the plunge into your own business - good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are so pretty! I love love love the heart one! I like the design of the British flag, I've always thought it was a great design, second only of course to our own stars and stripes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. The union jack is such a popular image at the moment - well done on yours. Congrats on taking steps towards setting up your business - best of luck with it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I adore these!
    Especially the heart one - I think you should stick with the pink outline!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. x